Monday, July 09, 2007
i made this !!
It took several months, so don't be shocked by the mess accumulating in the background of this picture. This dress was made from a pattern in a cool book called Candy Tots. I didn't use the spec yarn, at $13 a hank - no thank you - I used Cotton Ease by Lion Brand, at $5 a ball. This substitution is not hard to do - a couple of gauge swatches, adjust the size of the hook, calculate the yardage required and buy an extra ball just in case. So now I have extra yarn stashed and can easily add on more rows as she grows (the bodice is roomy and stretchy enough to fit next year, the length will have to be extended.)