Sunday, July 31, 2005

And the word of the day is...

Mia's first word is CAT! My heart sank a bit when I realized that's what she was saying. It is always bittersweet when Tim is gone and the kids do something for the first time. Mia also has learned the few baby sign language signs we have been using with her. For instance, we asked her last night if she wanted to eat, and she put her hand to her mouth right away. She also uses the sign for nurse, and nods her head when she wants to agree with something. Right now she is in her favorite spot, on the playroom table looking out the picture window in the kitchen. As soon as she climbed up there, she looked over at the boys and said Hi, and waved to them. Show off.
Earlier she took some blocks and stacked two of them. It took several tries, but she got them to balance. I asked her did she stack them, and she nodded! She fell off the table just now. Oops.
She "helped" paint yesterday. My ever-helpful girlfriend Sarah came over to help paint the master bathroom. I still can't believe how fast it went, and with virtually no mistakes or spills! There is one little hand print really low on the wall, and I rolled over it, but it stil shows through. I thinkI'll leave it there, it's kind of cute. It feels good to get the paint done. We still need to paint on the trim of the beadboard my Dad put in. I'll try to post some pictures when I get my hands on a digital camera.
Muffins are ready and the boys are getting church clothes on. Better go if we are going to make it on time.

No comments: