Wednesday, April 30, 2008

we are IN...

checked out of the hotel this morning and made our way over to the new place. Everyone is in a good mood. I am so happy to have four walls around me, that I don't want to leave to go shopping for a few necessities - so Tim has gone for a few groceries and maybe later he'll pick up a few things like fans, plug adapters (2 to 3 prong), shower curtains. And when me and the kids feel ready to venture out again we'll get things like a futon for the living room, chairs and table (we have some coming, but not till the end of the month), and curtains. The curtains pose a significant expense that we hadn't planned for. But I think the longer I stare at the windows, and make a few measurements, I may decide to get lengths of fabric and some clips. What's there are little metal loops in runners so conceivably I could, like I said hem some lengths of fabric and punch in some grommets, some S-hooks and call it a day. I packed my sewing machine in the first shipment in leiu of the cello. Looks like that decision will pay off.
I should note that we are 'borrowed' wi-fi, so we could get booted off at any time. More later, as possible...

5 comments:

Josee said...

YEAH! So exciting. I can tell your getting back to normal ... you're talking about sewing curtains! That's the Jax I know and love. Bravo!!

sarahp said...

I am so glad that you are in your new home and have some wheels too! Smile. Take care and God Bless. Love Sarah P

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you will be in your own place and getting all set up. We got the postcard you sent in the mail today. The boys were excited to see a picture of the kids.

It sounds like you are having quite the adventure there. Love, Tami

Anonymous said...

We are so glad all is coming together. You are on your way to being normal again. Got your card. The picture was great. Love ya'll Denny, Ginnie & Haylee

Anonymous said...

You're my hero! I've been so proud of your strength through this transition. Thanks for sharing your daily life with those of us who've grown so comfortable with our own. I know that I could not do what you are doing! I'll keep praying for you and the family. ... looking forward to seeing pix of your curtains.
Sarah S.