Sunday, April 22, 2007

diversions...

Tim has blogged on his site about our field trip to the Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Mason Monuments. This picture was taken outside the Jefferson, Tim has more pictures on his site. We had a great time and the kids were real troopers as usual. I think we are going back today to see a few more while their interest is high. It is interesting to note that there were not many children out yesterday, several senior citizen groups, and a few families with older teens.

I haven't been blogging much, I have succumbed to the yarn bug and my crochet habit is growing (some would say) out of control. I am working on a dress for Mia, but enjoying small projects that I can pick up at night and usually finish in one sitting. I did a few rattles for my nephew, see picture. This one is a bunny with a few plastic pebbles sealed inside a plastic egg and stitched into the body section. I also made a carrot with the same concept - plastic egg inside. I also just finished a turtle for a friend's little boy. Up next is a sun hat for Mia and maybe a matching pocket kitty cat. The boys have expressed interest in stuffed dinosaurs and dragons. I am searching for those patterns.

No comments: