Wednesday, September 06, 2006

refinishing project

Note upholstered benches beneath window behind Chas. We bought them a few years back, they have a handy drawer for storage, they were a natural color, with hardly any finish on them. At our new house, however, it became neccessary to place them in the living room, where they match nothing. Well, the upholstery matched, the wood was horribly out of place. But not any more.
I found a product that has stain, and clear coat and sealant and whatever else all in one can. It took barely two hours (plus time to disassemble, dry, and reassemble after drying) to refinish all three. Two of them are shown here. For the amount of work I put in, and considering the original cost ($30 each on clearance at Target), I am very proud of how they turned out.

No comments: