Wednesday, September 14, 2005

news

I sat down to write the other day but Blogger was down and now this is the first chance I have had to update Tim's homecoming information. They now expect to return by Monday or Tuesday. Even though not much surprises me these days, and this in itself is not really surprising, I am surprised by not being more upset at the delay in his return than I actually am. The only thing I can figure is that it would take too much energy to get upset, and there is _nothing_ I can do to bring him home any sooner.
But I can use the time wisely. I can clean the whole house at least two more times over in the extra four days we now have to live through. I KNOW he doesn't care if the house is clean and dclutter free, but I am not doing it for him, I am doing it for myself. I do not expect him to notice, compliment or even help keep it this way. And that is fine with me. I simply want to give the general impression that we have not actually lived in squalor in his absence. And... I want to keep myself busy these last few days lest they begin to d_r_a_g_____ on and on, such as the last 7 months have.
So after the last cabinet is organized, the last carpet vacuumed, the last toilet bowl scrubbed, and every stitch of laundry is clean, dry folded, put away, then we are off to Heidi's to hang out and W A I T . I will W A I T there until I have my husband back.

No comments: