Sunday, July 24, 2005

What a neat site... check this out.

http://www.2learn.org/age.html

Ever wonder how old you are in days, hours, minutes or seconds? I discovered this while looking for a word search puzzle maker for Chas. It's kind of funny that I would run across it tonight, being my birthday. I am 28 today. One step closer to thirty, and (so far) actually looking forward to it. Strangely, though, my initial reaction when I saw the calculations on this site was 'is that all? Only 10 thousand and some days? Only 883 million seconds? It seems like a lot longer.' It also makes me wonder: out of those days, how many were purposeful? How many of them were true, and how many were lies? How many of them did I waste? How many of them can I say that I accomplished something? If you stop and think about it, such a small a part of life is taken up by meaningful moments. Can it be that the in-between days are meaningless? Surely, they must be there for a reason.

Well, I say, to hell with New Year's resolve... my birthday starts my new year. Here's one resolution to start with: spend less time blogging into the wee hours of the night and go to bed by 11 oclock every night, or maybe at least four nights a week.

Good night.

No comments: