Friday, June 24, 2005

Hey, I can BLOG too...


Hi everyone... I finally have a minute to write from out here in Iraq and just wanted to drop a quick update. We've been going out here for a few months now and even though I'm trying despirately not to look at a calendar, I have to make appointments to meet people and it is unavoidable to see just how long I've been out here and just how long I have to go. The good news, however, is that with everything thats going on and all the advancements that have been made, noone has found a way to stop time (knock on wood) and it is certain that the time will come.

There isn't too much that I CAN write without either getting in trouble or worrying anyone back home, so I'll simply say that things are going very well and we are getting these guys one at a time and hopefully, one day, we will get them all (or at least convince them to stop acting like boneheads.)

I have received a lot of mail from you guys and as is the tradition, I have not sent a single piece outgoing. Old habits die hard. I want to thank you all for your letters and support for both myself and Jackie, Chas, Simon, and Mia back home. Without your support for them back home, I certainly would not be able to do my job out here and I cannot thank you all enough for your contined help.

I have received a good number of care packages and have had tremendous fun handing the candy, school supplies, and other miscellaneous whatnots out to the kids, parents, and schools out here. They all just light up whenever we go out and do that stuff (and then they crowd the vehicles begging for more and we have to close the doors and drive away quickly... but you really should see their initial reaction.)

Anyway, 4th of july is coming up and I think us guys out here are the only Americans NOT wanting to see fireworks, but here's a pic of some that I took a few weeks ago to sign off and get everyone in the spirit.

Thank you all again for your continued love and support and I'll be home soon.
Tim

No comments: