Friday, September 01, 2006

an unfortunate misunderstanding...

While browsing through Walmart's lady's clothing department the other day, I accidentally found myself in the junior's section looking at screen printed teeshirts. Some of them were easily recognizable pop icons, some I had never seen nor heard of before. But I came across one in particular that simply said 'I [heart] nerds'. I briefly contemplated buying it, but second thoughts, about what message I would be sending about my husband, stopped me. I mentioned it to him that evening in passing conversation. He thought I should have bought it.
Well, next time I was in Walmart, I went back to look at it again. That was when I noticed that inside the heart was a faded picture Clark Kent ripping open his shirt to reveal his Superman suit. Well, that did it for me, I made my purchase and headed home to try it on. I wasn't sure I would ever wear it out of the house, but I figured it would be a funny joke just for the two of us. All he said was something like 'oh you went back and got it'. It wasn't till later I found out that he imagined the CANDY called NERDS that we used to eat as children (well, I guess some of still eat it.)
But nonetheless, I think he took it as a compliment after all.

No comments: